15+ years of professional design and creative experience; including 7 years at Leo Burnett Chicago and one year as an Adjunct Professor of Graphic Design at the University of Wyoming in Laramie. BFA in Graphic Design from Fort Hays State University.
- Senior Art Director during cross-functional, annual brand planning sessions for blue chip brands; participants included marketing, sales, product, brand, legal, field-sales, and agency partners.
- Agency experience with teams to brainstorm/generate, develop, and execute breakthrough national, international, and scalable equity and promotional creative campaigns.
- Strong creative storyteller with excellent in-person, and remote, presentation skills.
- Comprehensive experience developing materials to support equity brands the evolution of product portfolios (e.g. new product launches, brand/product refresh, and line extensions)
- Executional and strategic familiarity with: packaging, POS/POP, direct mail, interactive, promotional, print, experiential, events, TV, radio, OOH.
- Brand image specialist and part of a team responsible for the ongoing curation, maintenance, and knowledge-center of one of the largest brand asset libraries (Marlboro).
- Highly proficient with Adobe Creative Suite products including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
College-level journalism experience, including page layout, advertising design, story ideation and writing for both newspaper and magazines.
- Extensive experience developing right-sized ideas that best fit the budget, timeline, and business problem for micro, small/medium, and large organizations.
- Adept at continuously bringing new trends, tastes, and fresh thinking to the table.
Chief, WBO Co. (2012 - present)
Clients: Coalfire, Wolf Brand Chili, American Medical Resource Institute (AMRI), Restore Pulliam, Foothills Service League, Colorado Governor's Art Show, Made in Loveland, Ovantek (Air-HD), Windsor Harvest Festival, Arris Timber Works, The Warehouse, LPR Construction and Loveland Aleworks.
- Freelance Senior Art Director, Burns Marketing
- Freelance Senior Art Director, wirestone
- Digital Advertising
- Equity brand concepts
- Logo design & development
- Start-up business collateral & event materials
- Website design
- Direct mail
- Promotional video direction
University of Wyoming Temporary Academic Professional Lecturer - Graphic Design (2012 - 2013)
- Instructed freshman up to senior and post-graduate levels, ranging from introduction of design software to portfolio and professional development courses.
Senior Art Director, Leo Burnett Chicago (2005 - 2012)
Clients: Philip Morris - Marlboro, National Cattleman's Beef Association ("Beef. It's What's For Dinner"), PGA of America, John Middleton Company- Black & Mild, USST - Skoal, Altria, Leo Burnett (including the agency's efforts to recruit LeBron James to play in Chicago prior to his 'Decision'), and Commonwealth Edison (ComEd)
- Concepted, created and assisted in the management of large scale branding efforts, annual promotional & equity integrated campaigns planning and development, new and refresh packaging, point of sale, retail, TV, digital, numerous loyalty programs.
- Extensive photo and video art direction experience from concept to direction through production including the curating of annual photo pools for the Marlboro brand, retail/POS calendars and promotions. Multiple food shoots including web promotions for Black & Mild and print and TV campaigns for The National Cattleman's Beef Association (Beef. It's What's For Dinner). Additional TV experience from concept to art direction for the PGA of America.
- Key team member on multiple Marlboro yearly planning presentations. Included retail, promotional, events, loyalty, new product concepts.
- Lead Art Director on new product branding and launch campaigns for Marlboro Virginia Blend, Taboka, Black & Mild and Skoal Ready Cut.
- Direct Mail and event experience with Marlboro Racing (Team Penske) and Marlboro Hot Laps consumer experience programs.
- Multiple experiential and promotional art direction project with Marlboro Nightlife bar programs, plus Marlboro Team Penske and Marlboro Hot Laps events and promotions.
- Extensive experience with final art production and art approval.
- Consistently delivered smart and strategic campaign ideas for iconic brands.
- Trusted senior team member on new business pitches for national and international clients including: Chase United Visa Card, Valspar Paint, Herbal Essence and Altoids.
2011 Silver Addy, American Advertising Federation District 6 - "We Dare You, LeBron"
2010 Gold Leo, Leo Burnett Chicago internal Awards - "We Dare You, LeBron"
2010 Honorable Mention, Chicago In Focus Photography Annual
2009 GPC 8-ball, Leo Burnett Global Product Committee - "Black & Mild Logo/Brand"
2005 Finalist, The One Show College Competition - "Advertising Design - Domino Sugar"